To be eligible to win a prize under this Competition, a Lead Participant (whether an individual, group of individuals, or entity):
- Shall have registered to participate in the Challenge under the rules promulgated by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as published in this announcement.
- Shall have complied with all the requirements set forth in this announcement.
- In the case of a private entity, shall be incorporated in and maintain a primary place of business in the United States, and in the case of an individual, whether participating singly or in a group, shall be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. However, non-U.S. citizens and non-permanent residents can participate as a member of a team that otherwise satisfies the eligibility criteria. Non-U.S. citizens and non-permanent residents are not eligible to win a monetary prize (in whole or in part). Their participation as part of a winning team, if applicable, may be recognized when the results are announced.
- Shall not be a federal entity or federal employee acting within the scope of their employment.
- Shall not be an employee of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS, or any other component of HHS) acting in their personal capacity.
- Who is employed by a federal agency or entity other than HHS (or any component of HHS), should consult with an agency ethics official to determine whether the federal ethics rules will limit or prohibit the acceptance of a prize under this Challenge.
- Shall not be a judge of the Challenge, or any other party involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of the Challenge or the immediate family of such a party (i.e., spouse, parent, step-parent, child, or step-child).
- Shall be 18 years of age or older at the time of submission.
Eligible Lead Participants are welcome to collaborate with individuals, nonprofit organizations, for-profit entities, schools, government agencies, and other entities to implement the proposed solution. Solutions must be implemented within the United States.