Find Nonprofit and Small Business Grants

Advance Search

Only Available for Paid Subscribers
Clear Filters
Search Filters

Fellowships to USA Educators to Enhance Professional Skills

Jennings Fund for Teachers


GrantWatch ID#

Funding Source
Array ( )

Geographic Focus

Important Dates
Conference Date: 12/06/23
Deadline: 01/18/24 5:00 PM CST Save

Grant Description
Fellowships of up to $5,000 to USA educators and up to $10,000 to teams of educators to improve professional skills. This program is open to full-time K-12 teachers. Eligible proposals should include creative, thoughtful projects or activities that demonstrate potential for learning for the teacher, the student, and the school community.

Teachers are most effective, and improve in their practice, when they are problem solvers and innovators, who take risks, learn, reflect, and collaborate. Teachers who pursue Fund for Teachers’ transformational learning experiences catalyze these problem-solving experiences for themselves and students, ultimately changing schools and communities. Fellowship proposals that prioritize teachers seeking solutions to their own, genuine problems of practice will be best aligned to our grant goals. In addition, proposals that have the potential to center students as changemakers for problems in their communities are highly encouraged to apply.

Goals of a Fund for Teachers fellowship are for educators to:

  • Serve as problem solvers and innovators who create solutions to real problems of practice;
  • Reflect on their experience as a learner and transfer the most powerful aspects of their experience to student learning;
  • Integrate their experiences as Fund for Teachers Fellows into their teaching to create more globally minded students who are empowered to take action;
  • And grow as leaders and change makers.


Additional Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A full-time preK-12th grade teacher who spends at least 50% of your time directly providing instruction to students;
- Applicants must have plans to return to a classroom or teaching environment the year following their fellowship and demonstrate the ability to incorporate what they learn into their teaching; and
- Have at least three years’ experience as a preK-12th grade teacher at the end of the school year.
- If the applicant has three years’ experience by the time of their fellowship, Fund for Teachers considers them eligible.
- Previous recipients must wait for five years before reapplying.

Open to US teachers who live and work in the continental United States and Hawaii.

While team members may be from different schools, districts or states, all members must meet the eligibility criteria.

Student and substitute teaching do not count towards the three-year requirement.

Teaching staff that do not provide instruction to students for at least 50% of their full-time position are not eligible. One-on-one instructional time does not count toward the 50% time requirement described above. Administrators, such as principals, may not apply, nor may they act as the partner applicant.

The Foundation does not make grants to support student travel, the completion of post baccalaureate degrees, university/college credit hours, courses for graduate credit, licensing, or licensure, onsite (or campus) professional development at your school or by the district, compensation for substitutes, stipends and requests that only include classroom supplies, such as books, technology, or other materials. Grants cannot be used to pay for any portion of National Board Certification. All project eligibility is at the discretion of Fund for Teachers.

Previously awarded proposals may not be resubmitted for consideration.

Pre-Proposal Conference
Fund for Teachers 2024 Information Session

Dec 6, 2023 06:00 PM CST

Register online:

Pre-Application Information
All applicants must apply online between October 1, 2023, and January 18, 2024, with final submission made by 5 pm CST on January 18, 2024.

Applicants will be notified of the selection committee results on April 4, 2024, by email.

Please contact Fund for Teachers if you have specific questions about your eligibility.

Eligible teachers may submit one application per grant cycle.

Upon award, Fellows will receive 90 percent of their grant, the remaining 10 percent to be disbursed upon completion of post-fellowship requirements.

Estimated Size of Grant
Individuals may apply for up to $5,000 and teams may apply for up to $10,000.

Term of Contract
Fellowships should begin after the last day of school in the spring and be completed by the first day of school in the fall, with all fellowship related expenditures made by September 12, 2024.

Contact Information
Apply online:

For questions regarding the online application process, please contact:

Fund for Teachers
Stephanie Ascherl

Grant News
Live Chat Chat Now